“Women in Nuclear” is a global working group represented in the UAE that supports the overall role of women in the nuclear industry. It focuses on women working professionally in various fields of nuclear energy applications.
The working group addresses the general concerns about nuclear energy and supports the overall understanding of women’s needs in the organization, taking into consideration the UAE’s culture and the significant number of women employed at the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant.
It plays an integral role in ensuring that Barakah is the employer of choice for all women and drives Nawah’s female employees to join international networks to expand their horizon.
“Women in Nuclear” has the following strategic objectives:
- Support Global and UAE Women in Nuclear Chapters.
- Collect, evaluate and address female employees’ needs to ensure that Barakah Nuclear Power Plant is a female choice of employment.
- Provide an open communication channel between the working group and external technical and professional organizations.
- Support female employees who are striving for professional excellence by providing formal and informal mentoring, coaching opportunities, presentations on technical topics and updates, communicating items of interest to working women, and providing guidance on continuing educational opportunities.
- Work with education institutions and community organizations to promote careers in engineering and nuclear technologies for females, especially UAE Nationals.