Emergency Preparedness is the foundation for all activities associated with developing, conducting, supporting and maintaining the Emergency Preparedness Program in the event of a potential radiological event at the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant.
Onsite and Offsite Emergency Response Organizations (ERO & ORO) perform the planned actions and guidance needed to mitigate the consequences of an emergency and to ensure the health and safety of the employees and public.
The program’s objectives are to:
- Maintain the Onsite and Offsite Emergency Response Plans, including their associated implementing procedures.
- Ensure the operational readiness of Barakah Emergency Response Facilities, systems and equipment.
- Train the Onsite and Offsite Emergency Response Organizations (ERO & ORO).
- Assist the Offsite Stakeholders in the development and implementation of their emergency preparedness programs.
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate emergency preparedness drills that implement the Onsite and Offsite Emergency Response Plans.