The Nawah Energy Company Senior Management commits to support the development, implementation, and continual improvement of the Nawah Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System to provide a safe working environment for its employees, contractors, visitors, and other interested parties.
Nawah, as an operational nuclear organization, requires everybody working or visiting the Barakah site to be responsible for their own and others Health and Safety and further understand the importance of reporting and addressing potential nuclear operational risks.
The Management is committed to:
1. Provide support to integrate Industrial Safety into station planning processes, including the work control and engineering design change processes. Plant modifications are designed and installed as needed to improve personnel safety.
2. Provide necessary support to personnel receiving training to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to perform work in a safe manner. Initial and continuing training topics include Industrial Safety Program requirements.
3. Promote Industrial Health and Safety by setting strategic goals and objectives and by monitoring and coaching workers to improve safety performance. They actively communicate with the workforce, enforce established standards, and are held accountable for the Industrial Health and Safety performance in their work groups.
4. Provide adequate welfare facilities and promote the development of a health screening process and well-being program to enhance employee and other relevant persons’ health and well-being.
5. Promote and foster attitudes that integrate risk identification and implementation of control measures incorporating a hierarchy of controls in all activities performed in Nawah premises.
6. Provide necessary resources, both internal and external, to comply with UAE legislation and other applicable requirements.
7. Be involved in the Occupational Health and Safety targets at the Objectives setting phase to ensure they remain adequate to our Company mission and vision.
8. Encourage a culture that promotes employee consultation and participation and reporting of Health and Safety observations as well as Occupational Health and Safety incidents including near misses. By investigating their root causes and learning, we strengthen our Operating Experience (OE).
9. Regularly monitor Nawah Occupational Health and Safety Key Performance Indicators and review their achievements to ensure their continual improvement for maintaining safe and healthy working environment.
10. Promote benchmarking, self-assessments, and audits to evaluate and improve Industrial Health and Safety performance.
11. Provide support to review Industry WANO/INPO operating experiences, especially significant Industrial Health and Safety accidents, to improve performance of Industrial Health and Safety Program.